Sunday, October 11, 2009

Get Your Yellow Submarine Away From Me!

So the other day I was on the T rocking out to some Lady Gaga (naturally), and I began to think about how some people just get so snobby about music preferences. Like, who cares? I don’t get why people make such a big deal about what kind of music someone enjoys. Sure, I enjoy jamming to “Gimme More” by Britney Spears, but I can also get my Radiohead on with the best of them. I don’t confine myself to one genre (love that word) and why should anyone? Why can’t I like prepackaged pop music, country, and indie rock at the same time? It really bothers me when I get verbally attacked just because of the musical selection on my iTunes. I listen to the music that makes me happy, so just chill out.

I also hate when someone stares at me with an open mouth anytime I say “I dislike The Beatles.” OMG! Seriously? I’m sorry, but I don’t get them or their music. I want to ROCK OUT, and I cannot rock out in a damn yellow submarine. I’m sorry. I just can’t. However, I’m not going to sit here and say how stupid someone is for liking The Beatles. So don’t tell me I’m disrespecting music by not LOVING The Beatles. I don’t like them, move on with your life.

Listen, I like to have a good time, and if that good time involves me feeling myself up to the Pussycat Dolls, then so be it. I don’t want to hear about it. If your good time involves feeling yourself up to Nickelback (ok, hang on a second – I can’t have anyone liking Nickelback, they’re THAT bad – no one seriously likes Nickelback, right?). Anyway, you get the picture – music snobbery is basically the most pathetic thing ever. Let people jam to the tunes they love – and leave me and Danity Kane ALONE!

In other music news, I just downloaded the new Backstreet Boys album. It’s quite amazing how these “boys” (who are all almost 40 years old now – gross) still make music. Even my 11 year old self knew the realities of boy bands in the music industry. So I’m still surprised to see them around 11 years later. In fact, I saw them live last year at Mohegan Sun and after several drinks found them to still be quite entertaining and screamed my ass off during “Backstreet’s Back.”  Although, I have changed my stance on marrying Nick Carter, since he’s dated Paris Hilton and Willa Ford (LOL); been arrested several times, lost 100 pounds (I like something to grab on to!  But not too much…), and had that reality show that proved how insane his family really is. Nooooo thank you! Take that herpes elsewhere, please. Plus, he still sounds like a 12 year old boy, which is extremely disturbing. I’ll get back to you on how the new stuff is…..once Brian recovers from Swine Flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment